XTRA is an add-on feature to FLORIDA LOTTO that gives players an opportunity to increase their non-jackpot cash prize winnings by up to five times for $1 more per play.
2. How do you play FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA?
At any Florida Lottery retail location, you can either mark your selections on a FLORIDA LOTTO playslip or tell the retailer the numbers you wish to play. On the playslip, select six numbers from 1 to 53, and mark the XTRA box located on the left side of the new FLORIDA LOTTO playslip. XTRA will apply to all panels, Advance Play and Quick Pick boxes marked on the playslip. XTRA will cost $1 more per play.
3. How much can I win with FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA?
FLORIDA LOTTO players who match the six winning numbers win the advertised jackpot. Those who match five, four or three winning numbers win other great FLORIDA LOTTO cash prizes ranging from approximately $5 to $5,000.
FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA players who match three, four or five winning numbers increase their non-jackpot cash winnings by the XTRA multiplier, from 2 to 5, selected at random at draw time. FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA players who match just two winning numbers, win a free FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA Quick Pick ticket for the next available draw.
4. Are the XTRA prizes set payouts?
Like all FLORIDA LOTTO prizes, the XTRA prizes are pari-mutuel. For FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA non-jackpot winners, the FLORIDA LOTTO base prize amount will simply be multiplied by the XTRA number selected for that draw. And, FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA players who match three, four or five winning numbers will win the increased prize amount.
5. Can I use my old playslip to play FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA?
Since the XTRA feature was added to FLORIDA LOTTO, on October 11, 2009, new FLORIDA LOTTO playslips are required to play the game. The new playslips are available at more than 13,000 Florida Lottery retailers statewide.
6. What are the odds of winning FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA?
For FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA players, the odds of matching two of six winning numbers are 1 in 8.58 and the overall game odds are 1 in 7.61. However, the odds of winning prizes in the FLORIDA LOTTO base game remain the same.
The odds of 2, 3, 4, or 5 being selected as the XTRA multiplier are 1 in 4.
7. Is the multiplier number computer generated or drawn using a ball machine?
The multiplier number is drawn at random using a ball machine prior to the drawing, and is then revealed as an animation during the FLORIDA LOTTO drawing.
8. How do I know that the multiplier number that is revealed during the drawing is the same number that was randomly selected prior to the FLORIDA LOTTO draw?
The XTRA number is drawn before the FLORIDA LOTTO drawing to determine the multiplier number for that draw. Like all lottery drawings, the drawings for the XTRA multiplier are videotaped and the draw results are certified by an independent auditor.
9. How much do FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA tickets cost?
FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA tickets cost $2 per play, $1 for FLORIDA LOTTO and an additional $1 to add the XTRA multiplier.
10. How do I know if my FLORIDA LOTTO ticket includes XTRA?
The words "XTRA YES" are printed on all FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA tickets. XTRA applies to all plays on a FLORIDA LOTTO ticket.
11. Do players now have the choice of adding XTRA or LOTTO PLUS to their FLORIDA LOTTO purchase?
XTRA replaces the LOTTO PLUS™ add-on feature for FLORIDA LOTTO. Sales for LOTTO PLUS ended at 10:38 p.m. on Saturday, October 10, 2009. However, the Florida Lottery will continue to honor jackpot-winning LOTTO PLUS tickets purchased prior to October 11, 2009, including Advance Play tickets.
12. How much will I win if I purchased an Advance Play ticket for LOTTO PLUS when it was on sale and I match the six winning numbers on the LOTTO PLUS ticket?
$2 LOTTO PLUS jackpot winners will receive the base jackpot plus $10 million from the $2 LOTTO PLUS jackpot prize pool; and, $3 LOTTO PLUS jackpot winners will receive the base jackpot plus $10 million from the $2 jackpot prize pool and $15 million from the $3 jackpot prize pool. As with all FLORIDA LOTTO prizes, all cash winnings will be shared if there are multiple winners.
Players who redeem an Advance Play LOTTO PLUS ticket will receive a continuation LOTTO PLUS ticket for the remaining draws.
13. Are jackpots for LOTTO PLUS Advance Play tickets advertised anywhere after October 10, 2009?
The jackpot amounts for LOTTO PLUS are no longer advertised since this feature is discontinued, but LOTTO PLUS jackpots continue to be honored by the Florida Lottery.
14. How does the new game affect my Grouper® purchase?
FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA tickets are not available for purchase with GROUPER. If you purchase a GROUPER ticket, the terminal will automatically select the FLORIDA LOTTO base game.
15. Are there any changes to the FLORIDA LOTTO base game?
The minimum prize for matching three winning numbers has increased to $5; however, players may continue to play FLORIDA LOTTO for just $1 the way they always have. The 6-of-53 game matrix and odds of winning remain unchanged.
16. Can FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA tickets be cancelled?
FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA tickets generated as a sale may be cancelled by the original selling terminal; however, tickets must be cancelled within two hours of the sales transaction, that day's close of sales, or the end of the gaming system business day (whichever occurs first). FLORIDA LOTTO with XTRA tickets generated as a free ticket prize cannot be cancelled.